About the jobHow you will help
As an Account Lead (VA/Military Health) you will be focused on selling and expanding HealthVerity’s real world data, and SaaS product offerings to federal and strategic state governments. You’ll join our growing Government sales team and be responsible for prospecting contacts, generating qualified opportunities, winning new business and managing relationships with key customers. You will successfully expand our presence in assigned government accounts by constantly looking for ways for HealthVerity to support our clients’ needs. You will have a deep understanding of the healthcare data and analytics space, particularly around selling technology and data to key government stakeholders.
What you will do
• Generate revenue through new and existing relationships with federal agencies, including the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Department of Defense/Military Health System (MHS)
• Build, maintain and manage a sales pipeline and forecast to achieve individual revenue goals
• Position yourself as a consultative subject matter expert and the single point of contact between HealthVerity and your government customers
• Maintain a thorough understanding of the policy, economic, business and clinical pressures impacting the Government priorities and, based on this knowledge, proactively engage with Government clients to meet their needs
• Confidently and credibly present healthcare data and licensing solutions by leading product presentations, demonstrations, conference calls, technical discussions/due diligence, executive discussions, web seminars and related activities
• Engage customers in identifying and shaping opportunities. Actively market the company brand, establish customer expectations and shape opportunities by creating white papers and responding to RFI's and RFP's.
• Work closely and cross-functionally with Pre-Sales, Product Development, Marketing, Strategy & Innovation teams to develop solutions that solve for client challenges
• Drive all stages of opportunity development from coordinating product proposals, RFIs, RFPs to contract negotiations and execution
• Collaborate with Sales Operations and Delivery teams on account status, follow up activities, product literature, opportunity status, win-loss and related sales support tasks
• You have extensive experience selling healthcare data research assets (medical claims, prescription claims, EMR, etc.), related analytic applications, and SaaS.
• You are a seasoned consultative seller successful at uncovering and developing sales opportunities with federal health agencies.
• You are passionate about solving your client’s most pressing research, strategic and business questions with data or technology
• You have the ability to operate effectively in a complex white-space, concept-driven environment
• You are an overachiever with a consistent track record of annual quota/revenue achievement
• You excel in the ability to manage the client relationship from lead through implementation
• You desire to work in an innovative, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial environment
• You have experience working with government clients and have an understanding of the government procurement and budgeting processes.
Desired Skills and Experience
• 5+ years of experience in quota carrying role selling complex solutions leveraging healthcare data, analytics, or SaaS technology to federal government agencies.
• Comprehensive understanding of government (Federal) procurement processes
• Working understanding of how and why different types of healthcare data are created
• Demonstrated achievement of goals as a result of finding, developing and sustaining strong client relationships in federal health agencies
• Ability to translate software, technology, and data into a resonating value proposition from leadership to end users at all levels across the enterprise
• Willingness to travel up to 20%
• Experience working with government compliance and contracts teams to execute FAR-compliant contracts in the government space
HealthVerity synchronizes transformational technologies with the nation’s largest healthcare and consumer data ecosystem to power previously unattainable outcomes and fundamentally advance the science. We offer a comprehensive, yet flexible approach, based on the foundational elements of Identity, Privacy, Governance and Exchange (IPGE), that synchronizes unparalleled Identity management with built-in Privacy compliance and Governance, providing the ability to discover and Exchange a near limitless combination of data at a record pace. Together with our partners in life sciences, government and insurance, we are Synchronizing the Science. To learn more about HealthVerity, visit healthverity.com.
Why you'll love working here
We are making a difference – Our technology is at the forefront of some of the biggest healthcare challenges in the world.
We are one team – Our people define our culture and always will. We take time out to celebrate each other at the end of every week through company-wide shout outs, and acknowledge the value that each of us adds towards our greater mission. Come share all you have to offer.
We are learners – Every team member is continually learning, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or much longer. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our clients, partners, and each other.
Benefits & Perks
• Compensation: competitive base salary & annual bonus opportunity (for non-commissioned roles)
• Benefits: comprehensive benefits with coverage on Day 1, medical, dental, vision, 401k, stock options
• Flexible location: our HQ is in Philadelphia with 50% of the team distributed across 25+ states
• Generous PTO: Take time off as needed, targeted at 4 weeks per year, including vacation, personal and sick time, plus paid maternity and paternity leave.
• Comprehensive and individualized onboarding: mentorship program, departmental talks, and a library of resources are available beginning day 1 for each new team member to minimize the stress of starting a new job
• Professional development: biweekly 1:1s, hands-on leadership that is goal-and growth-oriented for each team member, and an annual budget to support professional development pursuits
HealthVerity is currently able to employ individuals residing in the following states: AZ, CA, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, MA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OK, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI.
HealthVerity is an equal opportunity employer devoted to inclusion in the workplace. We believe incorporating different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds make us stronger and encourages an environment where ageism, racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia or any other form of discrimination are not tolerated. All qualified job applicants will be given consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. At HealthVerity, we’re working towards an innovative and connected future for healthcare data and believe the future is better together. We can only do that if everyone has a seat at the table. Read our Equity Inclusion and Diversity Statement.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com
Remote opportunities are not available in all areas and require team members to work from a fixed location due to tax and labor law implications - specific questions about remote positions can be discussed during the interview process with your recruiter.
Go to job list